Saturday, December 29, 2007

SmugMug!

If you take a lot of digital pictures, even just snapshots, SmugMug is the choice to store and view your photos. I've tried out other services like Flickr, Photobucket, Zenfolio, PBase. But SmugMug is so much better. I love this service. It’s much better than any of the “free” services. The photos are rendered flawlessly. Many of the other photo websites don't have any color management at all. It makes a difference.

Smugmug's interface is responsive and full-featured. Uploading photos is effortless. And there’s no limit to the amount of images you can upload or to the size of your files. I can’t say enough good things about Smugmug. It’s great.

You can check out my site to see how good the images look on Smugmug. Notice that you can view images in different sizes. You can download them, too.

This is the perfect way to share your images with family and friends. So you took some picts over Christmas and want your family members in Texas to see them, send them a link to your newly-created Christmas gallery. Here's mine for this year. Whenever you upload new images, just send them the link to your gallery and they can view and download the images if they want. It's much easier to send a link and let them peruse the site than having to send photos as email attachments. Besides that, you will have all of your images safely stored on Smugmug site. If your computer or hard drive melts down, you haven't lost your photos. They're always there. That alone is worth $35 a year.

You can even create private galleries that can only be viewed by friends and family that know the password. Too cool.

And Smugmug's support is incredible. Twice now I've had questions about the service, and each time within a few hours I received a personal, detailed response from their staff that solved my problem. BTW, both times the problem was on my end.

One more thing. This is pretty important. There are no ads on the site. You pay a small price for it, but it's worth it.

Everything about this service is topnotch. I’ve tried many of the others and they don’t compare. It’s worth paying for something like this. Go to the Smugmug information site for more details.

My only request is that if you do purchase this service that you use my email address (jeffmeyers@earthlink.net) or my personal code (OmcY2E1Jhg9l2). If you do, you will save $5 off your subscription price and I’ll get a reward too.

No comments: