Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Creepy Storm Clouds

I got up to take the dog out this morning about 45 minutes ago and found this creepy sky. After the dog did 1/2 of his business I ran back inside for my camera. I knew I didn't have long. I brought it out with my 50mm on it, but that wasn't enough. So I ran inside again for my 12-24. That did the trick. I took a lot of shots in a few minutes hoping to capture lightning with these amazing clouds. But the clouds were moving so fast, I couldn't use my tripod and a long exposure. This is good enough. The rising sun in the bottom right corner makes the picture. Notice also that the light from the rising sun fringes the bottom of the clouds with a slight orange cast. The images posted here was the last image I was able to capture before the downpour.

4 comments:

Lloyd said...

Wow- that is an amazing photo. It is in the so real it looks fake category. Great shot.

Jeff Meyers said...

Thanks, Lloyd. I didn't tweak the image all that much in post processing, just the normal adjustments.

Anonymous said...

The picture is great. Did you use HDR to bring out the clouds that way?

Jeff Meyers said...

Mark: Good question. No HDR on this shot. Just a few curves adjustments. That's all. It was some amazing light.