Saturday, April 5, 2008

PCA GA Colloquium on Sacraments

It might be easy to miss this on the official GA website seminar schedule. But there's a pre-General Assembly colloquium on the sacraments scheduled for Tuesday morning, June 10th from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Reunion Ballroom F.

The speakers for the Colloquium are Will Barker, Ligon Duncan, Jeff Meyers (me), and Rob Rayburn. The question to be discussed: What do the sacraments actually accomplish in their administration?

There will be 4 main presentations by each of the speakers (25 minutes each), then 4 responses by each speaker (10 minutes each). Following that there will be 30 minutes of Q & A from the audience.

If you know someone who would be interested in this kind of discussion, you should alert him so that he makes plans to arrive at GA in time for this Tuesday morning gathering.

5 comments:

John Nicely said...

Any chance that this will be or could be recorded at all?

Jeff Meyers said...

Oh yeah. It will definitely be recorded. They always are. You can check the PCA GA website after GA is over and it will tell you how to get audio recordings.

nickg said...

Oooo...that sounds good. I wish I could go, but I can't wait to listen online.

JATB said...

Is there any substantive difference between your and Rayburn's views, or between Barker's and Duncan's (I realize you may not know the answer to the latter)? Perhaps Barker is more of a centrist than Duncan? Duncan seems to articulate more of a Zwinglian view now than he did in former times. At least that is my impression.

Jeff Meyers said...

You know, I honestly don't know if there's how much difference there is between me and Lig on the sacraments. I suspect there's some, but I'll have to wait and see. I doubt very much of there's much difference between myself and Rayburn. But again, I'm not really sure. It'll be interesting to see. I don't plan on reading up on what those men have said. I will present what I believe to be a biblical perspective.