Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Image of the Day

I took a trip downtown yesterday on my day off to make preparations for the up-coming worldwide photo walk on August 23rd. Of course, I had to make sure that the area was "photography rich." It is. I had a little fisheye fun, too.

Last night my wife and I went out to Ruth's Chris steakhouse for our anniversary dinner. I haven't been there in over a year. As good as the steak is—and they do know how to cook steak!—the price has shot through the roof. In the past, I could count on spending 100 bucks on a nice dinner, and that's without any special pricing. Last night we ate their summer Monday special - 30 bucks a piece for a three course meal (salad, steak, dessert). Fine. But add a bottle of wine ($46), one lobster bisque, and the total bill was $125, not including the tip. So we eat their discounted meal and it costs us almost $150. Yikes. I calculated that we would have easily spent over $200 if we would have ordered the wine, salads, steaks, and sides that we have eaten there in the past. That's just crazy. Nuts. Oh, and we headed over to the Ritz afterwards to sit in their lounge, smoke a cigar (me), have a few drinks, and play some cards. We've done that regularly on nights out like this. Well, gee, sorry. No more smoking in the Ritz lounge! What? Unbelievable. What's the world coming to?

9 comments:

Becky Meyers said...

poor dad...that totally sucks!! hey, what is the banner pic of??

Jeff Meyers said...

Yeah, poor me. The banner pict is a tugboat on the Mississippi looking down from the Eads Bridge.

Becky Meyers said...

cool! did you take it, i am assuming??

Jeff Meyers said...

No, I had my pet monkey take it. I now take him along with me to hang off of bridges and get the dangerous shots. Duh.

Jeff Meyers said...

Oh, and you can see the entire tugboat image here. The monkey's foot was in the way, so I had to crop the image down some. He still hasn't learned how to get a clean shot.

Bobber said...

Man that river water is looking very green these days.

Becky Meyers said...

DORK! by the monkey, do you mean jeffrey?? :)

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

The water looks like malachite. Very striking.

Lori Waggoner said...

We ate there not long ago and I was unimpressed. The food was so-so and the bill was outrageous...definitely not worth what we paid.

We like Citizen Kane's better.

And we found out about the No-Smoking lounge the same way you did...when we showed up. Their martinis were $20!!!!! Another place we won't be going again...