Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just a Fly - Front & Back

This afternoon I was sitting outside on my back porch with a good cigar and a soda. I was reading a book and enjoying the 60-degree weather in St. Louis. Woohoo! I decided I'd be more productive outside than down in my dungeon of an office.

Well, I had my camera on the table with Tim Werkema's 80-400mm VR attached in case any exotic birds happened to settle near by. No birds. But a fly was attracted to my drink. So I thought: heck, why not? I ran in and got my 105mm VR. The poor thing was drunk with sugar so he hardly moved while I snapped some shots. They are all handheld shots with available light. It was late afternoon so the sunlight was slanting in and not too harsh.

#1 - Front End

#2 - Rear View

3 comments:

Bobber said...

I would have loved to have been a fly on the table to see what you were reading. Oh, that's what this is!

jennifer h said...

While I am not a big fan of pesky flies, I love the detail shown in your photos. They look almost pretty!

Jeff Meyers said...

Thanks, Jennifer. Yeah, flies are pretty nasty. But there's not much else moving around outside these days.

Bobber: what was I reading? A couple of books. First, Postmodern Theology, ed. by Vanhoozer. Second, The Mission, the Men, and Me by former Delta Force commander Pete Blaber.