Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Hymns for the Election Season

Yeah. The election season ought to be part of the new four-year church calendar. Yep. No doubt.

Tomorrow I fall off the face of the earth for three months. I'll be on sabbatical. So knowing this, my elders have already started their clandestine attempts radically to change our worship service in my absence. Imagine such a thing. I wrote the book on worship. Me. How dare they? The first thing they want to do is have the children's choir sing these praise songs.

4 comments:

Becky Meyers said...

can't watch it, it says video no longer available...

Jeff Meyers said...

Looks like the Obama team got these yanked.

Jeff Meyers said...

Here are the lyrics anyway:

http://www.youdecide2008.com/2008/09/30/video-obama-kids-sing-for-change/

pdug said...

What I find most egregious is

"Obama's GUNNA change it, Obama's GUNNA lead UM"

C'mon. Enunciate!