Monday, May 12, 2008

Got the Ruger LCP!

In an earlier post I said I was looking for a new Ruger LCP .380. I couldn't find one in St. Louis. There are waiting lists at all the guns stores for this pistol. Well, on the way out to the church men and boys camp out this past Friday, just for kicks, I stopped by Champion City Guns in Redbud, MO, on highway 50. I didn't think I'd find anything, but I had never been in the store, so stopping in wouldn't exactly be wasted time. Has anyone ever wasted time in a gun shop? Nah. But right when I walked in I saw the Ruger in the case and couldn't believe it. His asking price was a bit over retail, but I don't blame him for that. I paid it.

The pistol is amazingly small. The .357 looks like a canon next to it. It fits in your front pocket with space left over. It's well made. It cycled the 50 rds I put through it this weekend without a single problem. Cool.

No comments: